ARE YOU LOOKING FOR CHILDCARE?
What Care4Kids offers
- A free advisory service on childcare options - Educators (in their own home) or Nanny/Au Pair Educators (in your home). We will give advice on rates of pay, employment agreements, etc. We will aim at providing as much information as possible so that way, you can make an informed choice on what is going to work best for you, your child and your family.
- A recruitment service for finding the right person for the job. This involves carefully selecting and vetting prospective applicants.
Note: This service incurs a fee which is waived if the family goes on to enrol with our educational service. Be sure to discuss this service further with Care4Kids.
Care4Kids Educational Service
Parents who enrol onto our FREE Educational Service are offered:
- Care that is located within our community, reaping all the benefits of our wonderful life style.
- Flexibility of hours where care can be arranged to suit parent’s needs
- Carefully selected and vetted Educators who are committed to ongoing professional development
- Regular contact from a qualified, registered and experienced Early Childhood Teacher (Co-ordinator)
- Fun, informative get-togethers where we look at some aspect of child development or activity area.
- An excellent ratio of one Educator to a maximum of four children (no more than two aged under 2 years)
- A daily journal and portfolio documenting each child’s progress which will become a lifelong treasure
- The ‘Parenting’ magazine, which is published quarterly from Parents Inc, is sent with our service newsletter
- WINZ subsidies to those who are eligible
- 20 Hours ECE for 3 & 4 year olds
Your child will:
- Either, thrive in their home
- Or, in an environment that is safe and welcoming as if in their own home
- Develop responsive and reciprocal relationships with one significant other which is particularly beneficial for children aged under two years.
- Be able to continue their own routines
- Have their own individual educational programme based on Te Whāriki, the New Zealand Early Childhood Education Curriculum
- Be exposed to fun, active and valuable learning experiences in the home and our community such as play groups, trips to the park, music session
- Be provided with stimulating resources from our local toy library that aid their individual educational programme
- Benefit by being part of a small group of children rather than in institutionalised large group childcare
- Be regularly visited by a qualified, register and experienced Early Childhood Teacher (Co-ordinator)
What’s the catch?
The educational programme is FREE to families who enrol with Care4Kids as long as:
- The home where care of your child will take place is able to meet the 2008 Licensing Criteria for Home-Based Education & Care Services.
- The Educator must be over 17 years of age.
- Your child is enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours per week.
Ask Care4Kids for more information.
Each Educator sets their own hourly rate for care of a child/ren and any payment occurs directly between the Educator and the parent/guardian. Care4Kids can assist families with their financial obligations if required.